Monday, February 9, 2009

Looking Through Someone Else's Window

It's been said the eyes are the windows to the soul. Bearing this in mind, I wish I could peep through someone else's windows. I wish could look through other people's eyes and see what they see when they view me. I hear all this bs about "inner beauty" and "beauty is only skin deep" and so on and so forth. I don't really buy this. I will give you an example of why. I met a gentleman through an online dating site. Of course, I post a picture just to weed of the super superficial. After reading what I posted and viewing the pictures, he decided he'd like to know more about me. We have great conversation. He's funny, smart, and charming. Also, it doesn't hurt he's totally dreamy. As with all things good in nature, this conversation had to end. We shared mutual "love to talk again sometimes" and exchanged additional contact information. I feel people out when I first talk to them. I am getting better at learning who I could get excited about knowing and who not to waste the energy on (true slacker extraordinaire). I was excited about this guy! He was sweet, and as I said earlier, funny. (Yes, that's the kink in my armour. I love someone with a good sense of humour.) I thought little of him the next day, since I had a massive amount of homework, and all the drama I could stand with The Ex Boyfriend (yes, I've borrowed this from you, dear friend). Later in the evening, I checked my emails and messages, and YAY! I had both from him. The email was very sweet, and the message was very encouraging. He really did want to talk to me again! Very anxious, I messaged him! SURPRISE! He's online this very second. We talked. I giggled. He giggled. (I assume this from the smilies and lolz.) I have a very good feeling about this guy. Maybe he's that New Guy I've been looking for. Ah, and boldness creeps in. He asks me out. WOW! Apparently, he had read the profile very closely when I said "If he asks me out, I'd like him to plan it." He tells me all those sweet things girls love to hear (i'm not yet immunized. i have one more vaccine.), and then, the cell phone number. Well, I was delighted to give him mine. He calls immediately. How dreamy is he, right? Girls, you have no idea. We carry on with this for another day. He then mentions, perhaps, he doesn't have to work one day soon, and he's like to come up to visit me. Oooh! I'd love it. Only one problem with that...
Now I know I'm a nice girl (mostly - don't ask any of the exs, please), and I'm good to my men as long as they are good to me. However, I also know, I'm not very physically attractive. I finally bring myself to express this to my dreamy, hunky dunky fella. He assures me physical appearance only about 15% of what he judges. He totally digs what he sees on the inside of me. Could I be so lucky as to finally have found a man who will love me inside and out?
Of course, the only correct answer to this is no. He visits with me, and it's just like all the others before. They love this girl on the inside of me, but they just can't get beyond this not so pretty exterior. If I was beautiful on the exterior, would they really care about the interior? I think some of the newest fellas I've met would, however, majority of the men in this world treat women like food. One, it has to look good, and two, it has to smell good. Otherwise, they will not have anything to do with it.

This is Cat too tired of being trapped.

No comments:

Post a Comment