Saturday, December 27, 2008

Change is coming...

Well, 2009 is upon us. No better time than now to start talking about change. The year 2008 has seen many changes in me. I've moved from an angry, sad, depressed divorcee into someone I think I was always destined to become. Maybe I've taken the long way around, or perhaps, the extra time was to prepare me to accept this person I am becoming. I've become more accepting of people and things around me. I've accepted that change is the only thing that is inevitable, of course, excluding taxes and death. Change is always not always a bad thing either like I used to believe. Sometimes, a huge change is just what you you need. My divorce has been the stimulation that I need to get my life back on a better track. I don't want to say the right track, because of course, who am I to decide what the right track is. (I heard that's when God laughs the loudest - when he hears YOUR plans.) But I have gone back to school. I've found a career path I think will bring me the level of satisfaction I've been seeking. I've made a few, new bunch of friends. A couple of them I'm merely certain aren't made of just sunshine and shugar. So, overall, I'm fairly happy with who I am and where I am in my life. Last year, I couldn't say that. The year before, I couldn't say that. The year before that, I couldn't say that. And the year before the year before... Well, you get the point. This is first time I've been about to say, "I'm happy with me." Sure I still have a few kinks that I need to work out to make myself into the person I want to be, but doesn't everyone? With no project, one grows quite bored. Who knows? I JUST might try this drawing thing. What's the worse that could happen to me? I could discover that I STILL can't draw? I mean really... I'm looking very forward to 2009. I believe this is a year that will see monumental changes in not just me, but people around me. Well, that is, if I have anything to say about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment