Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Addendum to Monday January 5th's Post

I neglected to mention that I'm also thankful for all the leaves in my life. The leaves are people who have come into my life and left for whatever reason. Maybe they were ex boyfriends, college roommates, classmates, or friends of the olden days. (Wow, this whole 28 thing is really getting to me. :D) Whether it was just for good times or briefest loves, these people have touched my life in one way or another. The partings weren't always sweet, the times not always good, but the experience from knowing them was mostly positive. Lessons were learned about trust, respect, love, and how to deal when these virtues are exploited. The deepest pain one can know is the betrayal of a friend. I expect significant others to lie. I expect family to not always do the right thing. I never expect betrayal by someone near and dear to me. Someone I have called friend for a very long time. (Well, in the history of my life, it is a very long time.) In the scheme of things, it was her lies that cut me the deepest.
The new leaves I have now are beautiful and colorful. Who knows, one day something else may grow from them. However, right now, I just enjoy watching them dance with the wind and soaking up the sun.

No comments:

Post a Comment