Sunday, January 4, 2009

Bringing Sexy Back

Well, being 28 isn't all that bad. The world didn't crash. I didn't start melting when I took a shower from all the dust that was collecting. It was just a normal day. I did have the nicest meeting with a friend yesterday. I was so nervous about meeting this guy. Well, I'm always nervous about meeting new people. He invites me over for drinks and movies. What a great idea! He tells me that casual is the dress. Anyone that knows me knows casual is not a good idea. I'm likely to show up in sweatpants. So when I convey this to him, he tells me that is totally ok. Hmm. Apparently, he's not impressed with appearances. So, I dress in jeans. This is casual enough for me while not being slouchy. I visit with friends before I meet him. When we finally meet, I confess, he was perfect.

When I get out of my car, he hugs me. And not a "hug for you even though I don't know you" hug, with the briefest embrace, but a whole hearted hug like we'd known each other for a long time. I've never been so comfortable with someone so quickly. When he said he was dressed casual, he really meant it. Well, i changed into the sweatpants. I must say, I've never felt more attractive in sweatpants in my life.

We watched several movies. He snuggled me and just touched. He made me feel so sexy by simply just putting his arms around and holding me close to him. I've not felt that in quite some time. It's made me feel better than I've felt in a long time. He shared his self confidence issues (though he's a very attractive man) and showed the shyness that I always find very appealing. It felt so good to know how I felt was shared by someone else. I truly am not alone. This was the best birthday gift I could have received.

So, I will start doing to the gym this week. I will start eating better again. I will carry this new sexy feeling with me and own it. This is my change of 2009. So, thank you for the great gift. I'll cherish it always. I will bring sexy back in a BIG way.

No comments:

Post a Comment